It is necessary under the GST Act and Rules to issue a GST compliant invoice.
This article will show you how you can create GST Invoice in Tally.ERP 9.
In GST Tally, it is not easy to print the invoice since there are many different options that need to be taken care of when you create GST Invoice in Tally.ERP 9.
First of all, let’s see what are the mandatory fields that required to create GST Invoice.
These fields are present when you create GST Invoice in Tally.ERP 9 by default so you don’t have to worry about it.
Here are the following
- Invoice Number and Date – Mandatory.
- Customer Name – Mandatory.
- Shipping and Billing Address – Shipping and billing addresses are different so make sure both the addresses are on the GST Invoice.
- Customer’s and Taxpayer’s GSTN – It is the most important field of a GST Invoice. It simply means your GSTN and your customer’s GSTN.
- Place of Supply – As GST is now a based tax, this field is compulsory. If the sales is happening outside the state, you have to collect IGST while if it is inside the state, you have to collect both CGST and SGST.
- HSN/SAC Code – If you are selling goods, you need to have HSN code of each and every type of good you are selling. For services, you need SAC – Services Accounting Code.
- Taxable Value and Discounts – Any discounts to your customer, it has to be presented on the GST Invoice. Also, the total taxable value of the sale is to be present with GST included.
- Rate and Amount of Taxes – If you are selling goods or services having different GST rates in one invoice than all the rates and amount of taxes should be present on the GST Invoice you are issuing.
- Item Details – Major item details of goods or services you are selling should be present on the GST Invoice. They are:
These are the basic items that are required on any GST Invoice otherwise the GST Invoice will be invalid.
Now that you know what needs to be printed on a GST invoice, let us see how you can create GST Invoice in Tally.ERP 9.
How to create GST Invoice in Tally ERP?
It is very easy to create GST Invoice in Tally.ERP 9, if you know how to pass GST Purchase Entries in Tally and GST Sale Entries in Tally.
Let’s take an Example : The sales entry from that post in which we sold a Mobile for ₹20,000 to Amit with the CGST of ₹2,800 and SGST of ₹2,800.
Check the below image which is a Sales Entry.
Now, to create a GST Invoice in Tally.ERP 9 for the above sales entry, go to in the Sales Voucher and now you will need to press two buttons at the same time .
They are ALT+P. That is the shortcut for printing in Tally.
As soon as you press ALT+P, you will see the following picture in your Tally.
If you are a professional or know settings in Tally very well, you can change the settings. Otherwise leave these settings as it is.
Below are the available options.
This is how the GST invoice is generated in Tally ERP.9.
Also read :